28 June 2012

The Flaming Lips in Jackson

The Flaming Lips were in Jackson this morning on their journey to beat the Guinness World Record for the most live shows in a 24 hour period. The standing record to break was Jay-Z's 7 shows. So, The Flaming Lips had to do 8. They started in Memphis ending in New Orleans, having shows in Clarksdale, Oxford, Jackson, Hattiesburg, Biloxi, and Baton Rouge in between.

I really wanted to go to the Jackson show, it was right around the corner from my apartment. However, they were in Jackson around 4:00 a.m. And it turns out that they only had to play for 15 minutes for it to count towards the record. This still would have been fun but wouldn't have been the greatest idea with me having to be at work at 7:30 a.m. So here is a clip of what I missed. This is one of their popular songs that they ended each concert with.

Get More: O Music Awards

1 comment:

  1. I forgot all about this! Did they break the record?

    ReplyDelete